Emma 2020 Review:
I recently got to watch the newest Emma first with my Mom and then with the rest of my family. Set: the sets were beautiful and colorful. Music: the music was fitting and very nice. Dancing: six person and three person stars? are those even a thing? and if Mrs. Elton was opening the ball she would be at the head of all the dancers, not in the middle. Costumes: the costumes where as far as I can tell with my limited knowledge, historically correct. Mrs. Elton's hair was from a little bit later of a time, but I can see her trying to dress in the next big fashion. Character interpretation/casting: Emma Woodhouse: I think it was very well cast. I didn't like how much they exaggerated Emma's rudeness to Jane Fairfax though, in the book Emma does try to make conversation with her at first but retreats when she gets nothing but short reserved answers from Jane. Mr Knightly: When I first heard that they where going to make him "more human" rather than the always self ass...

Comments
Post a Comment